Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Happy New Year. What does this mean? Happiness is a state of mind. My happy days are few and far between now, but I try my hardest to keep a positive attitude.

There will be a day when I am not capable of even doing this. Being happy is a state of mind. However being thankful is a way of life.

I am truly thankful for what I have, my faith, my family, and my health. As bad as it is with dementia, there are things far worse. I could have dementia and be battling another disease at the same time.

Things change in the blink of eye. A young man, physically fit, going out to change the world, then in one split second a car accident paralyzes him for the neck down.

I know there are times when you are absolutely at the end of your rope. Be it as a patient, family member, or caregiver. You don't think you can take one more day.

Try to be as positive and thankful as you can. If it was easy, none of us would be here. There will be days this coming new year that happiness will seem impossible.

Things do change in the blink of an eye. Today, right now, I am thankful. And I plan to be that way, "While I Still